* This series takes a closer look at obesity and at the factors involved.
* With quality sidebars, vocabulary building icons, text-dependent questions, and suggested research projects, users get a broader understanding of obesity and its causes.
* Health and physical education teachers will find this series supplementary to any textbook, or one that could be used for additional information.
* Full-color pictures complement the text.
* Even those who are educated on the topic will find useful information here and get a deeper understanding of the marketing behind obesity and the chemical processes that take place in the body manipulating our nutritional behaviors.
* Researchers will find this series particularly useful as the up-to-date information is covered thoroughly.
Mason Crest's editorial team has devised new comprehensive components: we have placed key icons to look for throughout the context of many of our titles in our 2014 - 2015 line.
We are raising the bar for our library readers to build knowledge, gain awareness, explore possibilities and expand their viewpoints through our content rich non-fiction books.
These words with their easy-to-understand definitions will increase the reader's understanding of the text, while building vocabulary skills.
This boxed material within the main text allows readers to build knowledge, explore possibilities, gain insights, and broaden their perspectives by weaving together additional information to provide realistic and holistic perspectives.
These questions send the reader back to the text for more careful attention to the evidence presented there.
Readers are pointed toward areas of further inquiry connected to each chapter. Suggestions are provided for projects that encourage deeper research and analysis.
This back-of-the book glossary contains terminology used throughout this series. Words found here increase the reader's ability to read and comprehend higher-level books and articles in this field.
As one of our highly valued customers, we are dedicated to providing you with the most unique upper elementary and young adult quality books available within the school and library marketplace. With each series we obtain the most proficient & knowledgeable editors, advisors, senior consultants, major institutions, authors, agencies, and specialized think tanks to ensure we meet your highest standards of excellence.
National Highlights was formed to meet the growing demands for indigenous custom publishing projects intended for a global audience. Mason Crest, an imprint of National Highlights, is known as the leading line of non-fiction, young adult, school and library books covering a variety of socially responsible, high-interest, and forward-thinking topics.
Our editorial team and creative group are reading incessantly to find those areas which have been mostly under published and yield the greatest interests to your library patrons. We believe that if we publish interesting materials at multiple levels, that we can fulfill your most important need: to make the student read! If you have an idea that you would suggest National Highlights publish, please feel free to call us.